Saturday, August 30, 2008

Blogger woes

When I started this blog I ftp'd it from Blogger to my webhost. Then I had the blog load in a frame on one of my web pages. Lately I wanted to add some things I'd seen on other blogs, but found out I had to have BlogSpot host the blog to use those features. So I moved the blog over to BlogSpot and wrote a redirection page as my home page.

It worked but I missed not having the blog embedded in a window on my page. I decided that I could leave the blog at BlogSpot but still embed it in the page of my site. Unfortunately I'd deleted the code and forgot how to do it! It took me hours to rediscover the method and still retain my style sheet format! The trick turned out to be this: put a table with one row and one column where you want the blog to appear and use the IFRAME tag with a width of 100%. (Apparently percents are an undocumented feature of the tag. You're supposed to use pixels. I had to use a set height in pixels, though.)

So it works. Yay... Now I'm going to bed!

Richard's main page

No comments: